The Images Festival is the largest festival in North America for experimental and independent moving image culture, showcasing the innovative edge of international contemporary media art both on and off the screen. It is intrinsically linked to the promotion and survival of independent media art within Canada and internationally.
The 27th Images Festival will takes place in Toronto in Spring 2014.
Like many non-profit organizations, we absolutely depend on the support of volunteers. As well as being fun, volunteering can provide you with valuable experience and an opportunity to meet key people in the arts. We will be looking for volunteers to help with any of the following next spring:
- Administrative, promotional and development tasks in the office before and during the festival
- Distributing posters and catalogues downtown
- Assisting artists with installing and de-installing gallery shows (throughout March and April)
- Box Office and merchandise sales
- Ushers and ticket takers for screenings and live events
- Decorating, bartending and hosting for parties and receptions
- And more...
let us know your special skills
As an Images Festival volunteer you will be rewarded with a festival t-shirt plus free access to festival events (film screenings, live events, talks, workshops and parties). It is a great opportunity to be involved with a vibrant art scene, see a film festival operate from the inside and help out a dynamic organization.