« Back Return to full listing Next »
Call for Interns IMAGES FESTIVAL 2014
IMAGES FESTIVAL 2014 INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
The Images Festival is currently offering a number of Internships that provide valuable experience for those interested in events management and film and new media. The Images Festival is run by a small core staff and we proudly offer Interns the opportunity for meaningful participation and skill sharing in the planning and execution of our annual spring film festival.
Interns will have the opportunity to:
- assist with promotion and marketing strategies to develop
- learn theatre operations and box office management;
- coordinate and supervise volunteers;
- research and strengthen relationships with cultural communities;
- create social media campaigns
1) Social Media Intern; approximately 10 hours per week, potentially more during the images Festival, April 10-19, working primarily from home (and events of course!) Using Facebook, Twitter and other social media to build Images online presence and promote events, including live Tweeting of events and blogging.
2) Box Office Assistant; 1 day per week, daily April 10-19. You will prepare box office materials and systems for tracking ticket sales and supervise Box Office Volunteers on site during the festival.
3) Front of House Assistant; 1-2 days per week, doing various tasks in the office related to venue preparation for the festival and then working on site during the festival and learning about Front of House and Box Office and more. The majority of your shifts will be April 10-19, evenings and weekends. By the end of the festival you will have the skills to set up and run a smaller venue independently.
4) Festival Executive Assistant; 1-2 days per week, doing various administrative and planning tasks (plus others as needed) working alongside the festival Executive Director. During the festival, April 10-19, this position will be varied and flexible and busy, shifting from office tasks to on-site events and running errands. You will quickly gain an understanding of the inner workings of festival and event planning through this position.
5) Volunteers Assistant; 1-2 days per week, assisting with volunteer recruitment, training and scheduling, as well as on-site volunteer supervision during the festival April 11-20. You will learn our online volunteer management system to schedule and track volunteer involvement, as well as contacting volunteers via email and working with them in person.
6) Tech Assistant; 1-2 days per week, assisting with digital print traffic, digital video file preparation for projection, digital video file conversion for web previews and video uploading. You will learn best practices for digital video print traffic, digital video storage and video conversion. Skills with Final Cut Pro, Vimeo and compressor required.
These internships run from mid-March until the end of April, with part- time hours (1-2 days per week). During the festival, April 10-19, additional evenings and weekends will be required.
To apply please send a resume in PDF or RTF format to Keli Maksud BY EMAIL ONLY at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Festival Intern” in the subject line.
Application deadline is 5 PM, March 19, 2014.
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential. While we wish these positions could be paid, as a small charitable arts organizations we aren't able to offer pay at this time. In exchange for your time you will gain valuable insight and experience from a progressive arts and culture organization. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Images Festival is the largest festival in North America for experimental and independent moving image culture, showcasing the innovative edge of international contemporary media art both on and off the screen. It is intrinsically linked to the promotion and survival of independent media art within Canada and internationally. The 27th annual Images Festival will take place in Toronto from April 10-19, 2014.
For more information about the Images Festival, or to sign up as a volunteer, please visit: http://www.imagesfestival.com